Friday, June 27, 2014

A Nigerian in America

Hello friends,

My family (my hubby and two beautiful children) and I recently relocated to the United States, you may be wondering at the topic of this post  "A Nigerian in America", yeah cos i have been wondering what I would do to our food here in order not to miss home too much. Prior to relocation, whenever I visited the states I always had a phobia for cooking.

Not that I didn't know how to cook, on the contrary I can proudly say I am a super good cook. My phobia was from the fact that I knew that most of the ingredients used to cook certain Nigerian dishes are either not readily available or unnecessarily expensive. Of course alternatives or substitutes are available, but the real problem was knowing the right substitute to use to get the right taste of our local Nigerian dish.

So people, that's where this blog comes in. I am delving into a new world of cooking the local meals I enjoy back home, in diaspora hehehehe. Though I am a good cook, I am by no means an expert. I am learning the ropes of cooking in diaspora so you are welcome to join me, let's create those mouth watering meals we dream about while we are here, to keep us going till our next visit home from where we come back with the AFRICAN STORE in our boxes to replenish our depleted kitchen. You know what I am talking about right?

I will start with my favorite dishes :D, then move on to meals from the South Eastern part of Nigeria where I hail from, then to the West where I grew up and to other parts of our home country. Stay tuned who knows I may get recipes and substitutes for other West African countries too ;)

Welcome to MY NIGERIAN KITCHEN IN DIASPORA, where tasty home cooking becomes a reality.  I am blessed to have you here, you remain blessed and thanks for looking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment